Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL):
- 95.6 million passengers/year
- 65+ percent Non-Aeronautical Revenues
- World’s busiest airport since 1998
- Estimated impact of $64.2 billion and 450,000 jobs
- 6.8 million square feet terminal
- Cargo Tonnage: 137,943 average 3 month period
Daily people coming and leaving ATL is 110,000.
Overall Strategy (Page 64): The Aerotropolis Atlanta Blueprint builds on the “just-in-time” connectivity of the airport as a framework for strategic economic development and enhanced global competitiveness. With over 95 million passengers per year and an impact of $65 billion, the airport functions as an economic driver for the City of Atlanta, the Atlanta metro area, and the state of Georgia.